Cape Verde is a paradise for holidaymakers. You might get so in love with this archipelago that you want to work there too? Away from the stress and hustle and bustle in our country and enjoy the wonderful sun, beach and food on Cape Verde. The Cape Verde islands are only a relatively small country with few large companies. Although the economy is growing rapidly and Cape Verde is making major positive developments, employment is still limited. Many Cape Verdeans are unemployed, making it extra difficult for an outsider to find a job. The biggest opportunities are in healthcare, education and tourism. With the exception of the tourism sector, the control of Portuguese language is a prerequisite for increasing the chances of a job.
Residence and work visa
When applying for a residence and work visa, you will need the following items:
1. A valid passport to which the visa stamp will be included;
2. Passport photos that meet the requirements as applicable to a passport;
3. Money to pay the visa (approximately 5,000 escudos);
4. A proof of the company or foundation by which you can prove that you have been appointed for the job in question. This is required before you apply for a visa. Jobs can best be found on the internet.
5. Optional: it is a bonus to have a place of residence, as you have to report it
For English-speaking employees there is a chance to find a job at a large company or in tourism (mainly on the islands of Sal and Boavista). The number of large companies is limited, the most important are:
-Cape Verde Telecom
-Bank of Cape Verde-Bank Inter
-RTV (radio and television)
-Shell / Vivo-Enapor (port)