Cape Verde is a wonderful holiday country. A house or apartment on one of the Cape Verde islands appeals to many people. The Cape Verde islands have a lot of potential. This is due to the nice climate, beautiful beaches and the sea, the wonderful atmosphere, political stability and direct flights to Europe. Prices for apartments already start around 30,000 euros but this depends from the island and the area. For example, prices on the island of Sal will be relatively higher compared to island of Maio that is still less developed in tourism.
Tips for buying Cape Verde real estate
If you want to buy a house or apartment in Cape Verde, there are a few points to keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you along:
- Visit Cape Verde. This seems obvious, but it is important to have a good view of the island of your choice. In addition, look at the house or apartment and check the area. You can ask the people in the area for their personal experiences. This way you can have a better opinion before making a final choice.
- Local lawyer. If you start the process of buying a house or apartment, please consult a legal adviser or lawyer who comes from Cape Verde. Choose him yourself and do not let anyone else choose him. A lawyer from Cape Verde knows the language, the laws and can help you with possible problems and he knows exactly where you must pay attention to.
- Finance. If you want to buy a new property it is important to know how the financial situation of the project is. You would not wish to buy from a new construction project that cannot be completed because of the builder’s financial problems.
- Landowner. Ask your lawyer to check the property of the land. What are you entitled to? Is it listed in a formal document? Can you reach your property via an accessible road?
- Maintenance contact. Check out what provisions are included in the contract. Is the water and electricity connection included? Are there annual maintenance payments? Are there any special clauses included in the contract?
- Notary. Your contract must be signed with the notary. Ensure proper contracts. Only with the notary you can sign your contract legally.