Brinholas are part of the Cape Verdean cuisine. These are small banana pancakes. Delicious as breakfast or lunch, for dessert or just as a snack. The banana pancakes are easy to make and are very tasty both hot and cold.
🍴Meal: breakfast / lunch
⏱Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ingredients brinhola (2-3 persons)
- 2 large or 5 small ripe bananas
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 500 milliliters of water
- 125 grams of cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Boiling oil
- Cinnamon powder and white sugar
Preparation of brinhola
- Peel and mash the ripe bananas. In addition, sift the wheat flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Then add the bananas. Also add 125 grams of cane sugar, the 2 eggs, half a liter of water, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and some salt in the mixing bowl. Now make it into a smooth batter. It is convenient to use a hand mixer.
- Heat a frying pan with cooking oil over high heat and scoop a tablespoon of batter 3 times in the pan. Separately, so you make 3 pancakes at the same time. Bake the banana pancakes on both sides until golden brown. Make the rest of the pancakes in the same way.
- When the pancakes are served, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top (mixture of white sugar and cinnamon powder).