Beautiful beaches, (kite-) surfers in action at sea, the dry landscape, salt pans at Pedra de Lume, undulating sand dunes and the sunset. From the air you get a good look of Sal. With drones (small unmanned aircraft / helicopter) air recordings are made. Below two videos are displayed showing parts of the island from Sal in the air. Will you fly with us?
From above it is easy to see how Sal looks. A number of breathtaking images of the highlights are shown in this video, such as the salt pans and the amazing coastline. Under the video you can see which images are displayed at what time.
- Ponta Preta and accommodations
- The dry landscape / desert Sal (from minute 0:35)
- Salt pans at Pedra de Lume (from minute 1:12)
- The ever-present wind at Sal captured by wind turbines (from minute 1:12)
- Shark Bay, the ship wreck (from minute 1:44)
- One of the many surf clubs and the area (from minute 1:51)
- The pier at Santa Maria during sunset (from minute 2:21)
- White sand dunes and kite surfers at sunset (from minute 2:58)
Author of video: Kilian Schefer
Sea, beach and…
The Sal coastline seems endless. The pilot has beautifully portrayed the variety of the coast and of course one of the most beautiful beaches in the world (Santa Maria Beach). Of course there are images of the interior part of the island and the famous salt pans of Sal. Under the video you can see which images are displayed at what time.
- Coast to Santa Maria
- The pier at Santa Maria and fishermen present(from minute 0:32)
- Kite surfers on Sal (from minute 0:48)
- The ship wreck at Shark Bay (from minute 1:52)
- The beach and turquoise water at Santa Maria area (from minute 2:24)
- The salt pans of Cape Verde near the village of Pedra de Lume (from minute 3:04)
- Old huts in the interior part of Sal (from minute 3:12)
- Pretty other parts of the coastline with surfers on the sea and the clear waters (from minute 3:20)
Author of video: Lovro Barbalic
Do you want to see more from Sal taken from the air? Check out the plane landing at Sal International Airport. The last 3 minutes of the landing have been filmed taken from a Boeing 737.