According to the Lonely Planet travel guide, Cape Verde belongs in the top 10 best travel destinations for beaches and small islands. The judged islands are small, unique, remote and ecologically special places in the world. Lonely Planet is well known in the travel industry. They have sold worldwide for more than 120 million guidebooks in eleven different languages.
The top 10 travel destinations for beaches and small islands exists of:
- Cape Verde (West Africa )
- Palau (Micronesia)
- Tonga (Pacific Ocean, 2,000 kilometers northeast of New Zealand)
- Sao Tome & Principe (West Africa )
- Trinidad & Tobago (Caribbean)
- Cook Islands (southern part of the Pacific Ocean , northeast of New Zealand)
- Papua New Guinea (Asia, close by Indonesia )
- Grenada (Caribbean Sea )
- Seychelles (Indian Ocean, 1,500 kilometers east of Africa)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (Caribbean Sea)
Capeverdeislands.org has ranked the top 5 beaches in Cape Verde.