The Cape Verde islands are extreme divers and these differ significantly from one island to another. When booking a holiday you mainly would like to know which islands offers you the best activities. For example, on which island you can find the best beaches? Or which are the best islands to enjoy the beautiful nature? The summary below compares the main activities per islands. This will help you to plan the best holiday by visiting the islands that best matches you interest.
- Sal: barren and flat landscape, superb watersports, white sandy beaches, turtles, large beach resorts and hotels, entertainments and restaurants.
- Boavista: a flat landscape with desert influences, excellent watersports, white sandy beaches, turtles and whales, beach resorts.
- Santo Antao: suitable for mountain walks, scenic driving routes, limited number of adventure sports, minimum number of luxury hotels.
- Sao Vicente: barren, historical buildings in Mindelo, nightlife and restaurants, fish, minimum number of luxury hotels.
- Sao Nicolau: very quiet, beautiful mountain walks, scenic driving routes, white and black sand beaches, fishing, limited water sports.
- Maio: barren and flat landscape, beaches, quite, limited number of hotels
- Santiago: most balanced island of Cape Verde, music and restaurants in the capital, historical highlights, spectacular mountains, hikes, few beaches.
- Fogo: stunning volcano hikes, some historical sites, sobrado architecture, great wine.
- Brava: very quiet, unspoiled mountains for hikes.
- Hikers: go to Santo Antao for at least three days or more for breathtaking views and Fogo (two or three days) to climb the impressive volcano and to enjoy the area. Also wonderful for hiking are Brava and Sao Nicolau. Moreover, in the midlands of Santiago you also can find some really great hiking trails.
- Watersports: stay on Sal or Boavista, you have got great conditions and possibilities. Boavista is some quiet and have some less facilities.
- All-rounders (general): go to one of the flat islands (Sal, Boavista, Maio), choose Fogo and Santo Antao to enjoy the beauty of the impressive scenery. Go to Mindelo (Santo Antao) and Praia (Santiago) to experience the city life.